Job ID: 700747BR
Business Area: CVS Health
Primary Location: IL ? Northbrook
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Intern - Corporate, Corporate
Clinical Licensure Required: N/A
Location Code OF145
CVS Health offers a comprehensive internship program designed to engage students, impart valuable skills, and offer insight into a potential career path with a Fortune 12 company. Highlights include a structured program plan, hands on project work, access to mentorship and networking opportunities, and learning and development sessions. During the 10 week engagement interns will be in a supportive learning environment contributing both independently and on a team against key department initiatives. Competitive compensation is offered including a stipend for eligible candidates.
As a Marketing Content Creator intern, you will have the mindset of a beat reporter, the skills of a creative writer, and the capability to understand and translate complex health care-related data and topics into well-written, engaging stories. Reporting directly to the director of content strategy, you will play a meaningful role in helping the content team build a strong brand presence for CVS/Caremark, both online and with clients. As an intern with our team, you will identify and conceptualize story ideas on a broad range of topics of interest to pharmacy benefit clients and turn those into compelling narratives.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying story ideas that are relevant to clients and translating company and industry data and analytics
- Developing, writing, and editing engaging stories for a variety of channels, from web to social
- Developing and executing online syndication campaigns
- Monitoring industry and competitor news to find opportunities to use the company’s strengths through compelling stories
- Understanding key issues and business challenges facing health, and propose ideas for “newsworthy” content
- Working quickly to build a network of contacts among the subject matter experts within the larger marketing organization as well as other teams across the company.
- Collaborating closely with designers, other writers/creators, and directors to assess needs and opportunities
- Delivering consistently against an established editorial calendar
- Excellent writing and editing abilities
- Availability to work full time for duration of the 10 week program.
- The ability to rapidly get up to speed on, and stay abreast of, key initiatives, programs, research and analytics, and industry issues is key to your success.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a writer/editor in a newspaper or magazine setting
- Journalism, writing or editing background
- Demonstrated track record of compelling story telling
- Comfortable handling, interpreting and translating complex data and research from journal articles into engaging stories and/or story components
- Motivated, strategic, story-teller
- Knowledge of web-based content delivery and syndication platforms, as well as content marketing and measurement tools and at least 3 years of experience using them
- You should have excellent project management skills to help a dynamic team stay on track and assist in SME review and other tasks as needed
- You should be comfortable working in a highly demanding, dynamic environment, and be able to react quickly to evolving content needs depending on current news and events
- Candidate must be enrolled in a Masters non-MBA program focused on Journalism/PR/Communication/Marketing, with final year beginning in Fall 2018
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/