Discover a career at Wells Fargo
Prepping for the Stagecoach is a two-day development and simulation workshop aimed at exposing students to possible career paths at Wells Fargo and the responsibilities of a financial analyst. You will have the opportunity to participate in a team-based business case study competition where the winning team members can win up to $500 each in prizes.
During the Program you will also develop your professional network, attend presentations led by senior executives, and obtain early exposure to Lines of Business within Wells Fargo. Based on your prior experiences and interests, participants will have the opportunity to interview for our 8-10 week summer internship.
Please view a list of available participating Wells Fargo Lines of Business below.
Participating Lines of Business
- Corporate Banking is a diverse set of primarily industry-focused businesses that provide integrated financial solutions to corporate, investment grade, non-investment grade, public, and private customers via team members and offices in the U.S. and internationally
- Wells Fargo Corporate Banking Group works with large corporate and institutional clients as well as companies in specialized industry segments ranging from energy and gaming to financial sponsors and equity funds. Corporate Banking has teams dedicated to serving the specialized needs of a number of different industries. We serve:
- Consumer & Retail - We work with clients with $500 million or greater in revenue in consumer products, food & beverage, apparel, grocery and convenient stores, and retail companies.
- Energy – We work with a wide range of public and private, middle-market, and large corporate companies in all sectors of the oil and gas industry, including exploration and production; energy services and equipment; mid-stream; pipeline; and refining.
- Financial institutions - We work with international, national, and regional financial services providers in the insurance, securities brokerage, asset management, exchange, payment processing, financial technology, title, and consumer and commercial finance industries.
- Gaming – We work with multiple-jurisdiction, public, and private gaming companies; Native American casinos; and single-property gaming enterprises.
- Healthcare – We serve the needs of for-profit public and private healthcare companies across all subsectors of the industry.
- Industrials – We serve the needs of global corporations across industry sectors including basics materials, diversified industries, transportation, defense & technology services.
- Restaurants – We work with national and regional restaurant brands with sales greater than $50 million, large franchisees in established systems, convenience store and gas station owner/operators, and landlords with single-tenant retail properties.
- Technology, Media & Telecom – We provide innovative financial solutions, a robust suite of banking products and services, and industry expertise to companies across their growth stages – from startups, to middle-market movers, to large corporates. Our industry-aligned relationship teams support: Technology, business & Transaction Services, Media, Telecom, FinTech, and Clean Tech.
- Learn more about the Corporate Banking
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing to commercial real estate owners, developers, and investors
- Commercial Real Estate provides financing services to real estate owners, developers, investors, and real estate investment trusts (REITs), through all stages of their growth and development.
- We've built the strongest commercial real estate relationship management team in the industry. Our relationship managers handle transactions of different sizes, financing various asset types and classes in locations nationwide. Commercial real estate is a cyclical business, and our range of services gives us the flexibility to help our clients through even the most difficult economic cycles.
- Commercial Real Estate lending businesses
- Commercial Real Estate - Serves our institutional, regional, and private client base nationwide.
- Commercial Mortgage Servicing - provides a full range of commercial real estate loan services to internal and third party investors owning loan portfolios, commercial mortgage-backed securities, and government sponsored enterprises transactions. Loan services include asset management, workouts, investor reporting, and loan and cash administration among others.
- Real Estate Capital Markets - Real Estate Capital Markets specializes in non recourse term loans secured by commercial real estate assets with stable cash flows that are intended for securitization or to be held for investment. Customers include private commercial real estate companies, public and private REITs, pension funds and opportunity funds.
- Community Lending and Investments (CLI) - invests debt and equity capital for economic development, job creation and affordable housing in areas of need nationwide. Key product areas include Low Income Housing Tax Credits (construction finance and tax credit equity investments), New Market Tax Credits, and Equity Equivalent. CLI works with non-profit, for-profit, or public/government organizations focused on community development loans to non-profit organizations.
- Multifamily Capital - provides permanent and construction loan financing for the multifamily sector, including multifamily housing, healthcare, and affordable housing. Loan originations are financed primarily through programs sponsored by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the Federal Housing Administration.
- Hospitality Finance - Delivers financial products and services specifically to leading hotel owners nationwide, including well-capitalized private owners and operators, institutional real estate funds dedicated to hospitality, and public hotel REITs.
- Real Estate Merchant Banking - Provides risk capital (joint-venture equity, mezzanine loans and participating mortgages) and opportunistic financing and investments including loan pool acquisitions, loan-on-loan financings, portfolio loans, etc.
- REIT Finance - Serves publicly traded REITs and REIT-like clients.
- Homebuilder Banking - Serves both regional, middle market, private homebuilders, as well as large, institutional, national homebuilder clients.
- Senior Housing Finance - Delivers financial products and services to an array of prominent owners and investors specializing in the senior housing industry.
- Learn more about the Wells Fargo Commercial Real Estate
- Government & Institutional Banking works with government entities and education, non-profit, and healthcare institutions
- Government and Institutional Banking is a specialized business that provides a range of financial services to:
- Government entities – We work with state, county, and municipal governmental agencies, providing everything from capital markets funding and operating credit to specialized payment systems.
- Educational institutions – We work with education providers in public and private schools, colleges, and universities, providing everything from new construction financing to charitable giving programs.
- Nonprofit organizations – We work closely with charitable institutions, social service organizations, cultural institutions, professional associations, labor unions, and other nonprofit organizations.
- Healthcare institutions – We offer services designed to meet the financial and credit needs of regional and national healthcare systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and managed care organizations.
- Learn more about the Government and Institutional Banking
- Middle Market Banking works with mid-sized companies in all industries with revenue between $20 million and $500 million
- Middle Market Banking is Wells Fargo's largest relationship business, with more than 120 regional offices nationwide that have teams who understand their local market, economy, and business environment.
- Middle Market Banking team members manage our relationships with mid-sized companies that have annual revenues of $20 million to more than $500 million. These companies come from virtually every industry, including manufacturing, retail, distribution, importing, service companies, governments, private firms, nonprofit organizations, and more. We provide clients with a comprehensive suite of products and services that meet their needs as their businesses grow and evolve. Our capabilities include debt financing, treasury management, risk management, investment, pension and 401(k) management, investment banking and capital markets services, international services, employee benefits programs, and business valuation and succession planning.
- Middle Market Banking also offers expertise and specialized products and services to clients. We have teams dedicated to companies in the food and agribusiness, technology banking, beverage, waste and recycling, heavy equipment dealer, and investor real estate industries.
- Learn more about the Wells Fargo Middle Market Banking
- Wells Fargo Commercial Capital is a specialty business that provides tailored market-specific financing
This group provides tailored, market-specific financing and includes the following teams:
Wells Fargo Equipment Finance provides financing and lease options for customers' equipment and capital exposure requirements through commercial and corporate banking channels, relationships with equipment manufacturers and distributors and direct-to-market throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Wells Fargo Capital Finance Provides asset-based lending to companies in the U.S., Canada, and United Kingdom.
- Be currently enrolled in Howard University, Morehouse College, or Spelman College, in any major, with an expected graduation date between May 2019 and May 2020
- Have authorization to work in the United States
- Be able to complete an 8-10 week internship beginning in May or June 2017
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft office skills
Conference Dates and Location:
Howard University School of Business:
November 16th – November 17th
All travel and meal expenses will be paid for by Wells Fargo.
How to apply:
Apply on BisonCareerLink.
Wells Fargo Application
Application Deadline: October 21st, 2017
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Wells Fargo will not sponsor visas for these positions, and will not hire individuals whose work eligibility is based on their F-1 or other student visa status. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/ Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.